Go through our journey toward a kickstarted artbook step by step !
- Launched Website!
- Design team taken off hold, assigned postcard/marketing materials. SORRY!
- Kickstarter and Design teams put on hold so that we can focus on making art.
- Additional FAQ produced. I think we might have more people writing FAQs than reading them.
- Rough draft for the first blog post. Awesome, but too long. Edited for length. Lost some of the awesome, still too long. Edited a third time?
- Internal FAQ produced. March 17 – Printer quotes review #2, narrowed down to one candidate, and one unknown.
- Decided on final layout for the book. Looks great!
- Got boneshakerpress.net started (it’s okay, we still have this one!)
- Review Gantt graph, thankful that someone else took the time to build it.
- Deadline for website decided, we launch Mar 29th
- Boneshaker Press logo. Landslide victory through a succesful poll (never give up)!
- Produced a powerpoint to deliver critical information to the entire team.
- Officially incorporated!
- Decided on a core goal for boneshaker press: helping fellow artists
- Start talking about the future of Boneshaker Press after the book
- Put out a call for submissions of Boneshaker Press logo.
- Review printer quotes, find prices are higher than anticipated.
- Call for bio for the website member page
- Layout review #2, Design team has out done themselves.
- Put out call for blog post ideas.
- Form Kickstarter team, collapse Editorial team into Content team.
- Facebook page, Twitter, and Instagram accounts created
- New Go To person for the Marketing team to fill void. Need to change .com ownership, can’t.
- New Go To person for the Finance team to fill void. Savior voluntold to take position.
- Began surveying all those involved in Boneshaker Project. Or sent surveys. Am still unclear.
- Learned to Doodle. Found it very helpful
- Nailed down specifics for formating of finished pieces. Looking forward to all the art that is sure to appear immediately as a result. Wait a month.
- Decided to form our own LLC as per the advice of our savior.
- Opt to set an entrance fee for the book to cover costs.
- Built a Gantter to figure out how in a rush we are : date for kickstarter tentatively set for August-September
- Reviewed page layout submissions, designers then exited meeting, leaving all non designers to make decisions. Decisions subsequently… “reviewed”
- Realized that everyone had made different assumptions regarding the constraints of the book and submission process. Endeavored to clarify.
- Member that purchased domain had to leave the project, taking domain with him.
- Decided on a team name (googled first this time) we are Boneshaker Press!
- Decided that our end goal is a print run funded by Kickstarter pledges
- Decided to make a blog about everything we’re currently learning.
- Decided to incorporate (again, without knowing how)
- Tasked Design team with page layout templates and logo designs
- Talked about color proofing and how no one will be doing it for you so you better figure it out and quick.
- Member bought boneshakerpress.com domain
- Discovered that one of our team members is business expert. Saved!
- Researched free project management platforms, found that what we were using was as good as anything else available. Disappointed by the lack of a “make an artbook” button.
- Googled “Gatefold.com”, found porn. Crushed (but not that surprised).
- Took a poll (this was a hard lesson for us to learn, okay?) on Hardcover vs Softcover. Shocked to find Softcover the winner.
- Discussed incorporating, realized only one of us had any clue what that entailed, did what he told us to do.
- Selected “Gatefold Studio” as a Team name. Excitement abounds!
- Produced an organizational chart to make us feel important. Assigned Go To’s for each team. Expect that this will greatly reduce pressure on communication and scheduling team. Will later discover that is wrong.
- Collected and organized volunteers into 7 teams (Communication, Scheduling, Finance, Editorial, Design, Content, and Marketing).
- Decisions made. Final art due on May 1st, and the book will be wider than it is tall. Must rest now.
- Took another poll and decided on a theme: Creatures and Spirits!
- Found out there’s already an artbook literally called Creatures and Spirits. Slightly dismayed, but unwilling to run more polls.
- Narrowed down our choices to an artbook, but we’re not sure of the topic yet
- We took a poll to try to decide what to do… it went poorly.
- Kira has asked if we will join her on a “project” (so blame her)